WAM Internship Program
The WAM Internship Program is widely recognized in the audio and music production industries for the caliber of training, range of activities, overall experience, as well as job placement opportunities. Past interns have gone on to positions with such companies as Dolby, Pixar, Apple, Sony, Google, and Pandora, as well as most of the premier venues for music and performance in the San Francisco Bay Area.
» WAM Internship Application Now Closed for Spring Cohort: Feb 1 – May 26, 2023
IMPORTANT DATES: Check your calendar! Where we indicate a virtual or live event, you must be available on these dates to be considered for candidacy.
- Jan 11th, 2023: Application deadline
- Jan 16 – 20th: If you are selected as a potential candidate, this is when you will have a virtual interview.
- Feb 1st & 2nd, 9 am-2 pm: REQUIRED IN PERSON- If selected as a WAM intern, you will be required to attend two in-person orientations.
- Internship start date: Feb 1st, 2022
- Internship end date: May 26th, 2022
Our program learning outcomes are as follows:
- To build confidence levels, communication skills, and personal versatility in the audio industry.
- To develop interpersonal connections for networking and community support.
- To gain experience navigating a virtual workspace and operating online communication/learning platforms, in addition to hands-on studio training.
- To create career pathways for future employment opportunities.
WAM’s Internship Program is open to women (transgender or cisgender) and gender-expansive individuals over the age of 18. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept international applicants at this time.
Women’s Audio Mission (WAM) selects interns three times per year, in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Approximately 5-10 interns are selected each term through a competitive pool of applicants.
- Attend weekly events and professional development sessions with Intern Manager, industry leaders, artists, and more.
- Assist WAM instructors with Girls on the Mic classes
- Assist WAM instructors with adult classes, workshops, and member meetings
- Assist with online and in-person events, including conferences, fundraisers, donor events, and performances
- Assist with non-profit administrative tasks, including operations, marketing, fundraising, and other activities
- Work independently on personal audio, music, or related project developed at the start of the internship
- Develop professional portfolio
- Ability to attend in-person training and meetings in the San Francisco Bay Area
- A minimum of 1 year of audio education
- At least 18 years of age
- Commitment of ~18 hours/week Monday – Friday (PDT), as well as some evenings and weekends when classes, sessions, and events are scheduled
- Passion for the mission of WAM
- Ability to work independently
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with youth
- Facility in operating a standard computer (Mac or PC)
- Completed or willingness to complete mandated reporter training
- TB Test
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fluent in Pro Tools HD
- Experience with audio equipment
- Soldering skills
- Should you have any questions about the application or Internship Program, you may contact Christina Ayala, Director of Education, at email@example.com
- Should you be considered a potential fit for the Internship Program, WAM will contact you to set up an interview
- This internship is a volunteer (unpaid) position; eligible interns will receive a stipend
- Check out where past interns are now on our Intern Alumni page
Thank you for your interest in our internship program!
COVID-19 Precautions: Applicants must be fully vaccinated and wear masks indoors.