WAM Internship Program
Applications for the Fall 2021 Internship are now open!
Virtual interviews – September 7-13
Internship start date – September 20
End of internship – December 16
Our internship program is widely recognized in the audio and music production industries for the caliber of training, range of activities, overall experience, as well as job placement opportunities. Past interns have gone on to positions with such companies as Dolby, Pixar, Apple, Sony, Google, and Pandora, as well as most of the premier venues for music and performance in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our virtual program learning outcomes are as follows:
- To build confidence levels, communication skills, and personal versatility in the audio industry.
- To develop interpersonal connections for networking and community support.
- To gain experience navigating a virtual workspace and operating online communication/learning platforms, in addition to hands-on studio training.
- To create career pathways for future employment opportunities.
WAM’s Internship Program is open to women (transgender or cisgender) and non-binary/gender non-conforming individuals over the age of 18. Unfortunately we are unable to accept international applicants at this time.
Women’s Audio Mission (WAM) selects interns three times per year, in the spring, summer, and fall. Approximately 5-10 interns are selected each term through a competitive pool of applicants from around the world.
COVID-19 Precautions: We follow state and county guidelines for in-person gatherings and mask requirements. In the event of a local shelter-in-place order, we will transition to all-virtual programming.
- Assist WAM instructors with Virtual Girls on the Mic classes
- Assist WAM instructors with virtual adult classes, workshops, and member meetings
- Assist with WAMEverywhere events, including fundraisers, donor events, and performances
- Assist with non-profit administrative tasks, including operations, marketing, fundraising, and other activities
- Attend weekly events and professional development sessions with Intern Manager, industry leaders, artists, and more.
- Work independently on personal audio, music, or related project developed at the start of the internship
- Develop professional portfolio
- Ability to attend in-person trainings and meetings in the San Francisco Bay Area
- A minimum of 1 year of audio education
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Commitment of ~18 hours/week Monday – Friday (PDT), as well as some evenings and weekends when classes, sessions, and events are scheduled.
- Passion for the mission of WAM
- Ability to work independently
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with youth
- Facility in operating a standard computer (Mac or PC)
- Completed or willingness to complete mandated reporter training
- TB Test
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fluent in Pro Tools HD
- Experience with audio equipment
- Soldering skills
- Should you have any questions about the application or Internship Program, you may contact Chanelle Ignant, Intern Program Manager, at email@example.com
- Should you be considered a potential fit for the Virtual Internship Program, WAM will contact you to set up an interview
- This internship is currently a volunteer (unpaid) position
- Check out where past interns are now on our Intern Alumni page
Thank you for your interest in our internship program, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!