Women’s Audio Mission is proud to be an Avid Learning Partner
Pro Tools Fundamentals classes introduce fundamental Pro Tools concepts and principles, covering everything an individual needs to know to complete a basic Pro Tools project, from initial setup to final mixdown. These courses are strongly recommended for those enrolled in WAM Academy.
- Pro Tools Fundamentals PT101: Introduces fundamental Pro Tools concepts and principles, covering everything an individual needs to know to complete a basic Pro Tools project, from initial setup to final mixdown.
- Pro Tools Fundamentals PT110: Expands upon the Pro Tools Fundamentals PT101 course and includes using MIDI, virtual instruments, and additional recording and mixing tools.
Take each course separately or combine them to complete your Pro Tools Specialist Certification.
To become an Avid Certified User for Pro Tools at Women’s Audio Mission, you must take the two WAM Academy courses, Pro Tools Fundamentals (PT101) and Pro Tools Fundamentals (PT110), before sitting and passing the associated certification exam, as shown in the graphic below.
The certification is the Avid Certified User for Pro Tools, providing an industry-recognized credential for both academic users and industry professionals.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Pro Tools at WAM verifies that you possess a fundamental understanding of and the capability to use Avid Pro Tools to engineer a project through to completion, with all of the fundamental operational skills to record, edit, mix, and output the finished session.
Course e-books are provided to all registered students, and the exam fee and one re-take is covered in the cost of the course.
*You must receive approval from the class instructor if you did not take Pro Tools Fundamentals (PT101) with WAM.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Upcoming Course Info
Instructor: Heidi Trefethen
Pro Tools Fundamentals PT 101
- Dates: 10/28 , 10/29
- Time: 10am–6pm PT
- Location: WAMO facility, located at 1900 Fruitvale Ave, Unit 3A, 3rd floor, Oakland
Pro Tools Fundamentals PT 110:
- Dates: 11/10 – 11/12
- Time: 10am–6pm PT
- Location: WAMO facility, located at 1900 Fruitvale Ave, Unit 3A, 3rd floor, Oakland.
- WAM Oakland Learning Lab, located at 1900 Fruitvale Ave, Unit 3A, 3rd floor, Oakland
- Single Pro Tools Course (PT 101 OR 110): General – $300, Member – $250
- Pro Tools Certification (PT 101 AND 110) – General – $550, Members – $500
(WAM members: email email@example.com for the discount code)
- Per Avid policy, ebooks will be distributed before the first class.
- Avid Pro Tools® 101 and 110 ebooks are included in the 100 level rate.
- Both the 101 and 110 exams must be passed with an 80% or above for student to receive their User Certification (Avid Policy).
- Attendance will be taken since, per Avid policy, students need to take all lecture hours to qualify for the certification exams.
- If a student misses a day, he or she will not be able to take the Certification exam. Student may re-enroll when the course comes around again, but must start at the beginning and pay full rate.