Temporary Technical Support Engineer (US)
Term: Full-time, temporary
As a Technical Support Engineer, the applicant will be responsible for helping to maintain the high level of customer service we provide. They will work as part of a global cross-functional team answering pre and post sales customer enquiries by phone, email and live chat, and working proactively to reduce the number of customer enquiries.
- Act as focal point for pre/post sales and technical enquiries via phone, email and live chat relating to the Focusrite and Novation product lines.
- Recreate end-user setups to replicate issues reported in the field and submit bug reports to the development team.
- Coordinate warranty and non-warranty repair bookings.
- Represent the Technical Support team and our customer base during the development phase of exciting new products.
Abilities, skills and experience required:
- The ability and readiness to work well as part of a team
- Knowledge of audio interfaces, MIDI control, home/studio recording setups and music production
- Experience with Mac OS and Windows systems
- DAW knowledge (e.g. Pro-Tools, Ableton, Logic, Cubase)
- A polite, patient and helpful phone manner
- Experience dealing with customers
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include: company 401(k) plan, life insurance, healthcare, employee purchase scheme and share options, company making things easy days, lunch and learns – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products. We work hard, we’re professional and we select really, really talented people. We absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.