Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Sr. Post Production Engineer is responsible for managing media deliverables from intake to delivery for the Global Marketing team. Using best practices, this position also manages content organization on a large shared storage network including backup and archives. Work comes to this position from the larger content team and around the company, so the scheduling of day-to-day work requires detail-oriented, independent time management and high level judgement to balance priorities, workload, and deadlines.
As part of the Content production team, this position is required to support content playback and demonstrations/exhibitions at Dolby HQ, other Dolby offices, and tradeshows. Some travel is required.
Job Functions and Competencies
- Serve a Content Engineer’s role in managing media intake, tagging, metadata creation, organization, and output for in-house projects and ensuring that projects created by vendors include all requested deliverables, and that those deliverables are distributed appropriately and archived.
- Provide thought leadership in researching, innovating, and designing new audio/video experiences to showcase Dolby technologies as future digital playback and experiential systems emerge.
- Correctly assess, tag, and ingest audio and video assets into Content Management System
- Provide encoding and technical support for key technology, including custom content creation, production workflows, and device troubleshooting.
- Research, deploy, support, and provide technical training to staff on new software, hardware, and production implementations and workflows.
- Develop thorough understanding of media playback devices and systems along with corresponding encoding requirements, through working with Dolby engineering teams and extensive product research.
- Organize data for concept development, storyboarding, video editing, motion graphics, color correction, and content encoding for in house projects.
- Work hand-in-hand with content producers, the rest of the AV production team, and other Dolby departments (such as the Dolby.com team) to make sure media is available to productions and end-users through our Content Management Systems. This will include participation in pilot efforts and helping provide direction on features and functionality of initial system deployment.
- Provide expert-level technical assistance and desktop support on Adobe Creative Cloud and SAN system for Dolby Content Group’s editors and content producers, in collaboration with AV Systems engineering.
- Archive projects to storage, and recover them when needed.
- Assist with maintenance and troubleshooting of all physical and post production related equipment and software, including professional and consumer grade AV equipment, editorial systems, SAN sytems, digital cinema projectors, monitors, video cameras, media streaming appliances, video/audio routers, theater control systems etc.
- Assist Project Management on deadline and priority matrix. Working with a wide variety of internal and external clients, meet customer requirements, adjust requests when appropriate, and adhere to industry-standard deliverables.
- Using a wide variety of commercial audio and video creation/mastering software, Dolby products, and proprietary internal tools, encode, mux, QC and evaluate content for mobile devices, computer playback, or any of a wide variety of playback devices.
- Collaborate with Dolby engineers and stakeholders to test, develop, troubleshoot, and implement emerging encoding practices, content, and tools.
- Support Dolby and partner activations at Tier 1 tradeshows and remote activations, including production, encoding, and delivery of internal and external content.
- Assist the video production team with motion graphics and editorial work.
Skills, Education, And Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 3+ years of engineering systems experience within industry standard screening rooms with BS degree, in video production, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- In-depth, understanding of current and emerging media types
- Expert knowledge of MacOS and Windows, working knowledge of Linux required
- Thorough knowledge of Televsion, Music, Motion Picture content creation systems and formats.
- Post-production experience including HDR video and audio for television or film.
- Advanced knowledge of network system infrastructure for automation integration, audio, video, and kvm remoting
- Advanced knowledge of current TV technology
- Working knowledge of D-Cinema projection technologies
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively and comfortably in public.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to Impact current business opportunities through application of specialized technical knowledge
- Ability to monitor incoming communication at a fast pace, prioritize activities, and act accordingly
- Flexible hours including occasional evening and weekends are required.
- Some travel is required
APPLY HERE: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1756725116