The Alexa Games team is seeking a creative Sound Designer to join our fast-paced team. In this role, you will be focused on designing sound and audio content for our games and prototypes, with creative guidance and insight from product and design leads. You’ll get to work on the latest Amazon devices and craft compelling and memorable audio experiences for players around the world.
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving technical and creative problems that haven’t been solved before. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams within Alexa. You will gain an understanding of how Alexa operates and help establish an entirely category for gaming. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and help make a positive impact on millions of customers.
Key responsibilities include:
· Design and implement a world-class audio experience within new and upcoming games.
· Collaborate with the engineering team to create tools for implementation of SFX, dialogue, AI speech, and post production effects
· Use a DAW to edit, name and organize sound files (e.g., sound effects, speech, music)
· Work within a game editor to import, name, and organize audio assets
· Set up scripting logic in order to trigger assets in software
· Actively drive onsite sound recording sessions: sound effects, foley, ambience, etc.
· Testing and quality control of in-game audio assets
· 2+ years’ experience as a sound designer working in the games or film industries
· Experience creating end-to-end audio experiences from the concept stage to final audio
· BA, technical degree, or equivalent work experience in Sound Design or Recording Arts
· In-depth knowledge of audio theory and sound design practices
· Ability to manage a large library of audio assets
· Proficiency with audio software, such as Reaper, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Vegas, etc., including knowledge of waveform editing, equalization, compression, mixing, plug ins, etc.
· Experience with game development tools, such as Unity’s audio tools, Wwise, etc.
· Experience iterating on audio for a variety of game platforms, from mobile to console
· Experience directing voice talent
· Strong technical proficiency.