We are seeking a Sound Design Apprentice to assist in the support of our services within our Sound Design and Enterprise Operations organizations. This innovative role will have multi-functional responsibility and a combination of critical connection points for our internal customers. Reporting into the Sound Design and Enterprise Operations leads, our goal is to deliver audio innovation and technical/non-technical support with outstanding customer service, creativity, and satisfaction. This position requires a diverse and flexible skill-set for supporting a wide set of services that we offer across our brand of companies. Candidates must be passionate about audio and technology, live for sound, design, technology and creative innovation and have the ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
Facebook’s Enterprise support organization is partnering with Sound Design to build an apprenticeship program focused on the audio industry. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to provide support to our employees while working through an 18-month audio production apprenticeship. The support function will be located at one of our Helpdesks and after 6 months of ramp up apprentices will start working in our multi-room recording studio run by Grammy Award winning sound engineers. This is an incredible opportunity to gain corporate work experience and an introduction to new technology in the audio industry.
Facebooks Enterprise Support organization provides frontline support to Facebook employees across the world. Our goal is to deliver excellent technical/non-technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction and timeliness. Facebook’s Sound Design team collaborates with teams across the company to design world class sound. From interactive and immersive audio, to voice and music, Sound Design drives innovation that is shaping the future of audio. The team produces audio projects for Facebook App, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, Portal, Oculus, The Facebook Music Initiative (FMI) and more, as well as imaginative sound experiences for products in development. The team’s studio complex, known internally as Ardenwood Studios, houses three large format studios for recording and mixing music, voiceover, and sound for picture, in addition to eleven plug-and-play edit/mix suites. Ardenwood Studios is a modern complex, equipped with the industry’s latest technology for optimized workflow.
The Facebook Apprenticeship program is an 18-month commitment. We are seeking an individual interested in working in the Sound Design and Recording industry. This innovative role will have two components:
1) Providing front-line IT support to Facebook employees (as detailed above).
2) Learning and working within the Sound Design Team.
This is a full-time apprenticeship position.
Sound Design Apprentice Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot or escalate issues as appropriate, in a timely manner ensuring clear and effective communication throughout the cycle of support, providing end-user assistance where required until the issue has been resolved.
- When necessary, be the first point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing, mobile devices and application system environment.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of trouble tickets as you grow your knowledge of IT procedures, products, and services.
- Act as a stakeholder for driving enhancements and improving support for all EE.
- Drive internal communication and priority within the business and Facebook headquarters to ensure consistency across the EE Organization.
- Travel between offices expected.
- Aid in maintaining a creative working environment for employees and visitors.
- Develop a working knowledge of and practical skills with industry-standard audio applications.
- Understand the goals of each initiative and foresee circumstances where your application may be needed.
- Preparation of studio facilities for session work.
- Together with studio engineers, fulfill equipment requests for daily session work and assist with setup in associated studios.
- Assist with studio maintenance projects.
- Assist with studio session breakdown, ensuring equipment is returned to proper storage locations. Secure equipment remaining in the studios for next-day work.
- Work with the studio operations manager to coordinate additional studio needs, such as equipment rental, vendor communication, event support etc.
- Daily/weekly/monthly studio-specific facility maintenance.
- Consistently deliver superb customer service with a positive demeanor, ensuring the highest levels of customer focus and collaboration for incidents and problems that are presented and escalated, as well as when necessary.
- Ability to provide engaging, informative, well-organized evidential feedback where required.
- Observe and comply with Facebook’s policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and Equality and Diversity. Continually promote equal opportunities, health and safety and customer care in compliance with organizational aims and objectives.
- Develop and nurture strong customer relationships with key business stakeholders to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for Facebook.
- Provide customer service expertise that is an example to the rest of your team in how to deliver customer-focused service and constantly drive improvements in the ‘customer experience’.
- Bring an open-minded approach to learning and interactions with the ability to adapt to highly variable situations.
- Prioritize internal team relationships and responsibilities when guests and clients are present.
- Ability to admit to and learn from mistakes, and a strong willingness to ask for assistance or clarification when needed.
- Experience in support and troubleshooting Windows & Mac OS platforms (Mac OSX 10.7+, Windows 7 or above) including mobile devices running Apple iOS & Android mobile operating systems.
- Experience in adapting to shifting roles and responsibilities between personal development and work (guidance to interviews).
- Working knowledge of business applications and business processes.
- Proven consumer-level knowledge for audio (music, video games, movies, interactive, immersive).
- Experience building and expanding skill set as it pertains to audio implementation and design.
- Experience providing examples of creative workflows from inception to deliverables (non-audio exclusive).
- Proven communication skills with experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Comprehensive note-taker with great attention to detail and aptitude to implement precise instructions.
- Experience with handling prioritization of time sensitive problems and escalations proven to self-manage.
- Self-starter can provide examples of and detail extracurricular learnings.
- Experience problem-solving technologically complex issues.
- Proven knowledge of creative software tools and experience leveraging knowledge to influence professionals in the audio or IT support space.
- Experience working proficiently with minimal daily guidance.
- Proven relationship skills that carry across the technical spectrum and multiple geographical locations.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a recording studio environment.