Peloton is looking for a talented Product Designer to create amazing user experiences for the Peloton music platform. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, empathy for user’s needs, and be able to translate high-level requirements into prototypes that are beautiful, intuitive, and functional.
In This Role You Will:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Peloton’s existing music platform and ensure any future iterations are executed with reverence for a cohesive experience
- Construct and moderate contextual user research
- Create simple, elegant, and intuitive interactive interfaces for our music platform
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Product Manager on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision
- Create detailed user journeys, product maps, wireframes, etc. based on requirements from Product Management, and communicate clearly to relevant teams
- Build out multi-version comps for A-B user testing
- Prototype user experiences and work with QA to develop user tests
- Capture all states, edge-cases, “unhappy paths”, and path logic for engineering teams to build out
- Evaluate, test, and iterate on current core experiences
- Obsessively QA developed software for visual and interaction harmony, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions
- Iterate quickly and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response
- Be responsible for executing the final “pixel perfect” designs and “look and feel” of our interfaces
- 2+ Years of Design, Software User Experience and/or Information Architecture experience at consumer-focused technology company
- Top tier User Experience, User Interaction, Testing, Research and Information Architecture skills
- Focused and dedicated to how software products “function” and how users move through the experience to accomplish their goals
- Strong, proven skill in creating wireframes and other common UX design artifacts.
- A deeply collaborative and iterative approach to product UX, focused on ensuring a unified experience across products.
- Obsessive attention to detail and ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems to consistently capture edge-cases
- Exceptional design velocity: especially in developing wireframe and flow variations, and an ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts
- Excellent communication and organization skills; can produce clear and descriptive documentation for implementation targeted to a variety of roles and personality types: Experience working closely with engineers, product managers, and visual UI designers
- Understands interaction design fundamentals and UI design best practices.
- Has experience conducting and coordinating remote- and in-person user research using a variety of methodologies, and in documenting the results and findings
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.