WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The producer/editor will record and edit a conversational podcast with three hosts on Wednesdays. The ideal candidate will be proficient in audio recording and ProTools. The producer will supervise the recording and then immediately edit the conversation and help with QC. Additional opportunities available to help with audio edits, QC and uploads of CNN Debates and Town Halls on various dates.
- Record a conversation in studio with 3 fixed mics and a Zoom H6
- Direct hosts during recording, and weigh-in editorially when necessary as far as fact-checks or pickups
- Edit multi-track session in ProTools.
- Oversee studio and field recording.
- Upload final episode
- Coordinate with technical team on SOPs for recording/editing/engineering.
- Be flexible, when necessary as far as scheduling. This podcast records on Wednesday but could be delayed or postponed due to breaking news.
- 3+ years of recording and editing experience, preferably with a keen interest in political news.
- Preferably 5+ years of experience in media/journalism or a similar field, with a keen interest in political news.
- Engineering experience is a plus.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.