bitbird is a record label and creative company spearheaded by San Holo, headquartered in The Netherlands with team members distributed worldwide. They provide record label, publishing and apparel services. They want to inspire others to create forever.
As Operations & Data Analysis Manager you will be responsible for supporting activities that optimize bitbird’s label, publishing and apparel operations. These include music distribution, data entry, analysis and visualization, maintenance of key performance indicators (KPIs), contract management, YouTube Content ID, catalog and office management. You’ll be working closely with their Label Manager, Partner Relations Manager, Business Affairs and CEO, assisting them wherever possible. You will drive how they let data affect their actions.
This opportunity will provide a 360-degree understanding of the music industry by working in a nimble, small and young team with a start-up mentality.
- Catalog management: Maintenance of all the data pertaining to records and songs in their databases and with their key partners and DSPs (streaming stores). Maintaining release schedule.
- Music distribution: Collection and ingestion of release assets to DSPs and social platforms via FUGA.
- Data analysis and visualization: Maintenance, visualization and optimization of datasets that drive their business, which range from key performance indicators (KPIs), objectives and key results (OKRs) and financial performance of their company.
- Scheduling: Booking meetings, travel and scheduling for the bitbird team.
- Assistant to Label Manager and CEO: Assisting with the improvement of the company’s operations, HR and reporting flows.
- Assistant to Business Affairs Manager: Collaborating with their Business Affairs Manager for legal matters, including the drafting and administration of contracts.
- Assistant to Finance Manager: Assisting with bookkeeping, chasing debtors, maintenance and optimization of company.
- Strategic research: Executing research assignments on new markets, technologies and relationships.
- Note taking: Taking minutes of team meetings, relaying to team and ensuring compliance.
- Office management: Shipping parcels, running groceries, misc. activities around office.
- Passionate about music.
- Open and excited about occupying the key supporting role within their team. You’re not afraid to jump in and volunteer to take work off others’ plates.
- Love for numbers, data and visualization thereof. You’re excited by spreadsheets, formulas and budgets and can help them improve how they administer and learn from this data.
- College / University background.
- Precise, methodical systems thinker with ability to handle large data sensitive projects.
- Great with spreadsheets (Excel / Google Sheets).
- Excellent command of the English language (Dutch is a bonus)
- Eager to learn, willing to take feedback and excited to work in a start-up environment.
- Affinity with electronic music and the music industry is a bonus.
- Able to work 40+ hours/week.
- Ability to come into their offices in The Hague, NL.
They are looking for someone who has the characteristics and willingness to thrive in this role and are open to taking someone without experience and training them to succeed. They are a young team that highly values self-development and transparency and are committed to making long-term investments in their team members and allowing people to grow together with the company.
Do you have what it takes? Submit your resume and motivational letter in English where you describe why you are the ideal candidate, why you’d fit the bitbird team and the biggest operational task you’ve ever done. They will get back to you if they like your application.