We are looking for an Edge-and Cloud Computing Audio Engineer to develop services for next generation spatial audio algorithms. You will work closely with the audio teams from across the company to guide the future of Apple’s spatial audio technology and experience across our products.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Perform research and development of emerging future audio technologies
- Build distributed compute/backend services for running audio frameworks
- Design and implement modular, composable services, using state-of-the-art technology stacks
- Collaborate cross functionally with relevant teams to establish Edge-and Cloud Computing requirements and roadmaps
- 3+ years experience building backend services
- 3+ years experience with software development on Linux
- 3+ years working on highly available, high-volume, low latency services at scale
- 2+ years experience with CloudKit
- Deep understanding of general distributed system concepts, handling latency/jitter, timeouts, error recovery
- Solid Swift coding skills
- Excellent coding skills in C/C++/Objective-C
- Excellent communication skills and experience with executive presentations
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Experience with spatial audio engines and acoustics simulation algorithms (wave physics, geometrical acoustics, auralization)
- Front-end web or mobile app development experience
- Coding skills in Java/C#/Python
Apple’s advanced spatial audio technology is a cornerstone of our augmented reality frameworks; it is at the core of any compelling user experience. You will have the opportunity to build software that directly impacts how customers use our products.
We work closely with Apple’s human interface design team and our internal audio software teams to define and develop the next generation of audio experiences and applications.
In this role you should feel comfortable working on a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will be researching and developing entirely new apps and experiences, a challenge that will demand rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing code quality or attention to detail. You’ll need a keen understanding of the state of the art in interactive 3D audio applications and an ambition to discover what the future holds in this space.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD – Computer Science, Electrical Engineering