The AV Tech is responsible for the daily support of the equipment deployed to community AV spaces and studio supported tele-conferencing software. The AV Support Technician will provide front line assistance and troubleshooting to the employees of DreamWorks and NBCU.
Dreamworks is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. DreamWorks is a high capacity digital animation studio. As we use commercial and custom technologies to create animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
- Provide video conferencing technical support. Investigate and escalate issues to senior team members.
- Serve as on-site technical support for cross-site, or executive presentations and events.
- Setup and operate audio-visual equipment including but not limited to speakers, microphones, wireless microphones, mixing boards, amplifiers, projectors, video cameras, computers, and laptops.
- Coordinate/perform preventive maintenance room checks.
- Provide room support and troubleshooting, repair or replace broken equipment as appropriate and escalate to senior team members.
- Provide documentation, train end Users on the proper use of room equipment.
- Perform equipment, firmware and software upgrades to existing room installations.
- Responsible for equipment definition, procurement and coordination of office AV installs with third party integrators and requesters.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Ability to walk to multiple conference room/offices throughout the day located throughout our facilities.
- Four years of experience working in a media, studio or broadcast environment supporting AV
- A minimum 1 year experience troubleshooting AV systems and knowledge of AV Signal Flow
- Knowledge of professional and consumer audio-visual equipment such as video-conferencing codecs, audio processors, microphones, mixers, amplifiers, speakers, TVs, projection systems, and multi-standard video conversion devices
- Willingness to work flexible hours and occasional weekends
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a technical support role and working in a customer-oriented environment
Desired Characteristics :
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of technical and non-technical employees.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school desired.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills coupled with a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- ·Ability to read blueprints and install equipment to specifications