Candidates must have a comprehensive understanding of broadcast productions and signal flow along with a strong understating of broadcast audio boards, RTS intercom systems, RF and wired microphones.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and should be familiar with the latest television broadcast technologies. They should also be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, all with the same level of urgency, and must be willing to work flexible hours/days depending on breaking news and/or operational needs.
This is a Project position and employment will continue on this Project (at the company’s sole discretion), and in no event shall extend past the completion of the Project.
- Mix live and taped news productions with heavy emphasis on remotes and server playback.
- Prepare elements and control room for live and taped productions.
- Coordinate and prepare multiple discrete mix-minus feeds with the control room Tech Manager.
- Interface with editorial and control room staff to determine elements and solutions for new and ongoing productions.
- Test and verify all equipment: Networked audio console, intercoms, RF and hard line microphones, RF and hard line IFB’s.
- Coordinate with Tech Manger to update intercom panels and IFB designations for productions.
- Manage shared audio resources for seamless control room switching.
- Minimum 5 years of related Audio experience in both a live and taped, multi-camera broadcast environment.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of signal flow.
- Extensive experience in operating Calrec Audio Consoles.
- Extensive experience with RTS and AZedit intercom systems
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree in Communications or Sound Recording Technology preferred. or equivalent years of experience.