Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,377 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 37 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
This position provides live sound and audio production services to University-wide clients on a variety of events including Commencement to academic and administrative campus events. This role is also responsible for location and studio recording services, production jobs and overseeing student staff. This role also researches, recommends and implements new audio technology to facilitate the production process.
Audio and Event Production and Support: Participate in the setup, troubleshooting (as necessary) and breakdown of audio systems purposed for each event. Serves as an escalation point for any technical problems. Maintain appropriate equipment inventories. Work with sound equipment vendors to augment audio services and event support on campus. Follow all appropriate audio and event standards while providing audio production functions such as recording, mixing, editing, restoration and mastering.
Client Consultation: Regularly meets with clients to analyze client needs. Provides creative input on project steps and final product. Explains audio system design options to clients. Interfaces with different vendors to meet client objective.
Work Direction: Ensure that high standards and support are upheld by student employees. Mentor student staff and provide orientation and training to new and current staff members, ensuring that student formation practice are followed. Consult with their manager on any staff issues. Participate in the selection process for new student hires. Ensure appropriate coverage of client areas and track attendance of assigned staff.
Technology Research: Research and recommend the purchase of improved audio and event production tools. Provide budget input to his/her manager on capital equipment. Maintain an up-to-date awareness of new and emerging audio and event production technology.
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $43,250 to $54,050; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
– Must be proficient in audio production software and have the ability to set up, breakdown and operate modern sound reinforcement systems.
– Minimum of three years of experience with audio production to include live sound and recording studio experience.
– Coursework in Sound Production or Audio Engineering.
– Regular night or weekend work.
– Occasional use of departmental van and Valid Driver’s License required.
Preferred/Desired: A Bachelor’s Degree in Audio, Multimedia, Communication, or other related AV
disciplines. Previous experience with large corporate events, functions, conferences and musical performances is helpful.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility;
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, and Dental Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both 401K and University Funded 403B Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick, and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook