WAMCon New York is a recording arts conference for women (including transgender or cisgender; non-binary and gender non-conforming individuals) presented by Women’s Audio Mission (WAM). WAMCon New York is hosted by New York University’s Steinhardt School, Department of Music and Performing Arts Professions, as well as The Cutting Room and other to-be-announced locations. WAMCon New York is generously sponsored by Dolby Laboratories, Spotify, Eventide, Epidemic Sound, iZotope, Shure, and Universal Audio.
Don’t miss this immersive experience with award-winning music producers, recording engineers, songwriters, podcast producers and audio professionals involved in making the music and media you love most! This event is perfect for aspiring producers and engineers as well as musicians and students interested in the recording, music and podcast industries.
To date, WAMCon has been presented in cities around the country like New York, Los Angeles, Nashville, and Boston, in collaboration with such partners as Dolby Laboratories, Disney Animation Studios, Universal Music Group, Capitol Studios, YouTube, The Recording Academy, iZotope and more.
*WAMCon participants receive a free EXHIBITS-PLUS badge to AES New York 2019 using the code AES19WAM at this link.
(1) Friday, October 18th’s conference location will be announced via e-mail to ticket holders at the request of our host.
(2) Due to security reasons, WAM will be unable to accommodate any non-ticket holders (i.e., no waitlist). Only advanced ticket holders will be granted admission. Tickets will not be available on site. Tickets are non-transferable.
(3) Refund policy: We are able to honor requests for ticket reimbursements only up to 7 days prior to the event.
(4) Schedule subject to change. Full lineup to be announced September 2019.
- Fully equipped with ramps.
The Cutting Room:
- Has a single half step up for each room.
WAM is dedicated to ensuring WAMCon is accessible to everyone, and we are happy to assist people in navigating the space however possible. Please contact us if you would like to arrange accommodations or have any concerns. Thank you!
- Simone Torres (Cardi B, Sia)
- Fela Davis (Meshell Ndegeocello, Christian McBride)
- Zukye Ardella (DeeFyant, Ka’miya Gunn)
- Vira Byramji (Patti Smith, Gabriel Garzón-Montano)
- Angelo Duncan (Billboard, Ableton)
- Jennifer Decilveo (Andra Day, Anne Marie)
- Hinds (Critically-acclaimed indie band)
- Sally Kellaway (Microsoft)
- Brandie Lane (GRAMMY winner, West Point Band)
- Angela Piva (Queen Latifah, Mary J. Blige)
- Leslie Ann Jones (Carlos Santana, Kronos Quartet)
- Kim Rosen (Aimee Mann, Bonnie Raitt)
- Kari Steinert (Bloomberg, The History Channel)
- Emily Lazar (Foo Fighters, Dolly Parton)
- Gloria Kaba (Beyonce, Frank Ocean)
- Heba Kadry (Bjork, Neon Indian, Mars Volta)
- Susan Rogers (Prince, David Byrne)
- Lisa Chamblee (Prince, Stevie Wonder)
- Sylvia Massy (Prince, Johnny Cash)
- Peggy McCreary (Prince, Van Halen)
- Haley Shaw (Gimlet Media, Uncivil,Mogul)
- Chiquita Paschal (Peabody Award – Uncivil, Another Round)
- Rachel Alix (Epidemic Sound)
- Ms. Madli
- Emma Shilliday (Epidemic Sound)
- Zephrah Soto (Epidemic Sound)
- John Loose (Dolby Laboratories)
- Terri Winston (Women’s Audio Mission)
Friday, October 18, 2019 – 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Location: To be announced via e-mail to ticket holders prior to the event.
5:30pm – 6:30pm – Registration and Reception
6:30pm – 6:45pm – Welcome by Women’s Audio Mission
6:45pm – 7:35pm – Panel with Industry Experts
7:35pm – 8:25pm – Panel with Industry Experts
8:30pm – Event Close
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Location: Dolby SoHo, 447 Broadway, New York, NY 10013
6:00pm – Doors Open
6:30pm – 7:30pm Networking Workshop
7:30pm – Performances
8:00pm – Event Close
Sunday, October 20, 2019
Locations: New York University (NYU) Steinhardt School , 35 W. 4th Street, New York, NY 10012; The Cutting Room Studios, 14 E 4th St #602, New York, NY 10012
9:30am – 10:00am – Registration at NYU Steinhardt (Registration will occur at NYU, workshops will be at both NYU and The Cutting Room).
10:00am – 11:10am – Immersive Workshops
* Podcast Production with Chiquita Paschal and Haley Shaw (NYU Conference Room)
* Vocal Production with Simone Torres (NYU Control Room)
* Beatmaking with Zukye Ardella (NYU Live Room)
* Pro Songwriting Process with Artists with Jenn Decilveo and Hinds (The Cutting Room Studio A)
* iZotope Product Demos with Rachel Alix (The Cutting Room Studio B)
11:30am – 12:40pm – Immersive Workshops
* Live Concert Sound with Fela Davis (NYU Conference Room)
* Vocal Production with Simone Torres (NYU Control Room)
* Intro to Creative Sampling and Ableton Live with Angelo Duncan (NYU Live Room)
* Recording Drums with Vira Byramji (The Cutting Room Studio A)
12:40pm-1:40pm – Lunch at NYU
2:00pm – 3:10pm – Immersive Workshops
* The Mastering Process with Kim Rosen (NYU Conference Room)
* Hybrid Recording/Mixing with Brandie Lane (NYU Control Room)
* Composing for Ads and TV with Kari Steinert (NYU Live Room)
* Recording Piano with Angela Piva (The Cutting Room Studio A)
3:30pm – 4:40pm – Immersive Workshops
* Mastering Discussion with Emily Lazar (NYU Conference Room)
* Deconstructing a Mix with Gloria Kaba (NYU Control Room)
* VR and Immersive Audio with Sally Kellaway (NYU Live Room)
* Music Licensing with Epidemic Sound (The Cutting Room Studio A)
4:40pm – Event Close
Women’s Audio Mission focuses on increasing the gender balance in audio production and technology sectors since less than 5% of the population employed in these sectors are women. There are limited spots available in our conferences and they often sell out, so we ask that if you are not woman-identified (transgender or cisgender), non-binary or gender non-conforming, that you reconsider registering. We will not turn anyone away, but please be mindful that if you take up a seat, that is one less woman or non binary-identified individual that we can serve. We thank you for your understanding in advance and for joining us in our mission to advance women and girls in music production and the recording arts.