Contact: Amber Marks, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com
Reporting to the Senior Transducer Engineer, the Transducer Engineer works to assist in the design and engineering efforts associated with transducer development, troubleshooting, and manufacturing. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Contribute to the design of transducers using mechanical/acoustic models and best practices (T/S, FEA, magnetic simulations, DFM), do 3D design and 2D mechanical drawings for components, and test designs for mechanical/acoustical function by themselves and as part of a speaker system.
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Quality, and Purchasing departments to ensure good parts get to the factory on time and are mechanically correct. This includes first article evaluations, overseeing prototype builds, and working on handoff to production.
- Work with Manufacturing and Quality departments to improve existing designs and assemblies, reduce test failures, and reduce costs.
- Continually investigate the most innovative design methodologies, materials, tools, and practices to achieve the best designs.
- Consistently push the extents of transducer development with cutting edge ideas and design methodology.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field plus 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with types of loudspeaker transducers, components, T/S parameters, etc.
- Experience with acoustic measurements, platforms, and programs extremely desirable (microphones, SIM, NTi, AP, Soundcheck, Klippel, etc.).
- Experience with MATLAB or similar scripting/programming required (Visual Basic, C++, LabVIEW, etc.).
- Experience with 3D CAD software (SOLIDWORKS, Pro/ENGINEER, etc) and knowledge of mechanical design aspects including DFM, GD&T, material selection, inspection tools, etc. desired.
- Proficient at MS Office