HARMAN’s diverse portfolio of businesses and customers offer interns a great opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of projects and practices. As a member of our team, your primary roles will be to assist the Luxury Audio Engineering and Product Development Team with hands-on assembly, test and troubleshooting of transducers and developmental loudspeaker assemblies.
This position will report directly to the Luxury Audio Director, Engineering & PMO.
What You Will Do
- Constructs, tests, and troubleshoots prototype and pre-production loudspeakers and subassemblies using schematics, parts lists or verbal instructions and established testing guidelines and reports progress back to the appropriate Program Manager or Systems Engineer.
- Supports Systems Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and Project Managers in measurement and review of Design Verification and Process Verification samples of loudspeakers in development.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving of samples for the laboratory and engineering team.
- Contributes towards preparations for lab tours and presentations.
- Other projects which may be assigned
What You Need
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Sophomore year or later, or graduate/Ph.D. program at an accredited institution taking at least one class in the semester prior to the internship program and returning to school for at least one semester upon completion of the internship program
- Degree must be in related area of work with courses in engineering (Examples: Acoustic/DSP/Electrical/Physics/Math/Mechanical) or related field
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to confidently interact and present information to senior leaders
- Must work collaboratively with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
What is Nice to Have
- Previous entry level work experience in audio industry strongly preferred
- Passion for Audio Loudspeakers and Electronics
- Education focus towards Acoustical Engineering
What Makes You Eligible
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work in the Northridge, CA office
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May 18, 2020 through August 7, 2020 and be able to work 40 hours per week
- Highly prefer candidates who live within a commutable distance
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
- Real-world work assignments and the opportunity to make an impact on our business
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the organization
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development