The Stagehand is responsible for performing all setup before, during, and after events which includes, but is not limited to, assembling and disassembling production equipment on stage. In addition, the stagehand will work closely with and assist carpenters with scenery build, installation, video, sound and light production.
- Responsible for assembling and setting up at the beginning of the scene (i.e. props, microphones, musical instruments, scenery, etc), disassembling and removing equipment at the end of the scene in addition to cleaning up the stage and backstage area after performances.
- Load and unload equipment from trucks and set up equipment according to stage design while ensuring safety requirements are met.
- Assist carpenters with scenery build and installation of stage maintenance, construct and paint set pieces, move and rearrange furniture.
- Work closely with electricians and lighting assistants with maintenance of video, sound, and light production. Ensure operations of systems are functioning properly.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Forklift and heavy machinery certified.
- Must have a valid driver’s license if venue location requires driving.
- Must be able to take direction and execute instructions accurately.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Previous experience with manual labor preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.