Come help us create spectacular audio entertainment experiences as part of Dolby’s Consumer Entertainment Group!
We are looking for a passionate and tenured technical product leader to help create the next generation of Dolby’s audio solutions for connected, voice-first devices and use cases. The successful candidate will be passionate about exploring new and emerging use cases and entertainment experiences and brining those to market. This role is for a senior technical product manager with several years’ experience in working closely with Product and Engineering teams to define, develop, and launch audio software solutions.
The role is part of a fun-loving and hard-working product management team that prides itself on imagining and building amazing consumer entertainment experiences.
Essential Job Functions
- Is responsible for setting the product strategy, requirements, and roadmap for core technology components that will be used in multiple product segments.
- Leads the product definition. Translates market needs from the Business Owners into product requirements. Interfaces with technical representatives from Dolby’s IC, OEM, and other ecosystem partners to facilitate product requirements definition. Assists the Scrum Product Owner in managing the Product Backlog.
- Defines, owns, and manages the product roadmap.
- Is the final decision maker on product scope and schedule. Works with Engineering to understand scope and schedule feasibility. Facilitates tradeoff conversations with Business Owners as necessary to seek consensus and explore scope and schedule options.
- Is the primary “Product” contact with the Engineering team and Program Management.
- Is the “Product” lead on the program team and attends the recurring team meeting.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science. An MBA is desirable but not required.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience in technical product management. Significant experience working on audio products that are focused on use cases that leverage integrated microphones and capture technologies. Experience in audio networking (wired and wireless) would be ideal.
- Strong leadership, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate and build support for ideas and plans across a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable understanding of the relationship between technology strategy, products, and the product life cycle.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize the market and competitive landscape and create a winning product strategy to address the target use cases.
- Knowledge of the consumer electronics ecosystem: product architectures and supply chain. Knowledge and understanding of living room consumer electronics such as TVs, soundbars, A/V receivers, smart speakers, and gaming consoles. Knowledge of the PC and mobile ecosystems would be ideal but not a requirement.
- Passion for creating great entertainment experiences.