About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
We need you to bring your vision and passion to a team dedicated to reimagining music through immersive media. The Sound Designer will play a key role in creating and implementing audio solutions for immersive media content creation.
- Develop and execute the audio vision for immersive music experiences.
- Manage technical aspects of sound design including memory management and overall optimization.
- Oversee and implement technical aspects of audio programming within Unreal Engine.
- Conceptualize, create and implement unique sound effects optimized for the style and tone established by the creative design team.
- Manage third party vendors as needed.
- Collaborate with production team to identify and implement audio goals.
- Debug and resolve issues related to audio playback.
- Design and implement immersive audio solutions to enhance the creative experience.
- Create and manage the final sound design mix.
- Contribute creative ideas and technical details to the production and engineering teams.
- Create and maintain audio schedule creation and forecasting.
- Ability to perform intermediate scripting using visual scripting systems.
- Maintain quality standards through consistent playtesting and feedback.
- 7+ years of sound design within the gaming industry.
- Strong technical knowledge of audio programming/engineering with Unreal Engine 4.
- Expertise in Wwise with at least two shipped games.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing original sound effects for AAA games.
- Expertise in sound mixing and sound design software.
- Experience with immersive audio solutions and techniques.
- Proficient with various audio plug-ins.
- Understanding of audio compression technologies and sound formats.
- Demonstrated experiences in the end to end audio process for games (eg sound design, music implementation, voiceover, etc.).
- Experience with scripting languages.
- C++ experience.
- Experience in voice replication/synthesis a plus.