Our mission is to create world class entertainment while working in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in a climate of inspiration have qualities that resonate with gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a studio culture where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are looking for wildly creative applicants who have a real passion for games, great social and communication skills, as well as a positive, teammate mentality.
For this position, we are looking for a Mid to High level Sound Designer (Audio Artist). This is not an entry level position.
- At least two years’ experience as a Sound Designer working in the Games or Film industries
- BA, Technical School Degree, or equivalent work experience in Sound Design or Recording Arts
- In depth knowledge of audio theory and sound design practices; includes knowledge of waveform editing, equalization, compression, mixing, plug ins, etc.
- Proficiency with audio software \ DAW, such as Reaper, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Vegas, Cubase, Logic
- Proficiency with audio plug in software such as Waves, FabFilter, iZotope, Soundtoys, etc.
- Experience or knowledge of audio game development tools, such as Wwise, FMOD, or other proprietary Editors
- Strong technical proficiency. Knowledge or experience with any visual scripting program is a plus (such as Reaktor, Max, Pure Data, UDK)
- You must be committed to growing within your craft, and continuously improving your skillset as a Sound Designer
- Help our Audio Team craft a world class Audio experience
- Be a key sound design contributor within our Audio Team
- Use a DAW to edit, name and organize sound files (sound effects, speech, music)
- Work within the FrostED game editor to import, name, and organize audio assets
- Set up visual scripting logic in order to trigger assets in software
- Be an active participant in location sound recording sessions: sound effects, foley, weapons, ambience, etc.
- Testing and Quality Control of in-game audio assets
- Must contribute to the training and mentoring of junior level Audio Team members
- Take direction from the Audio Director and Senior Sound Designer, and work as a positive and productive member of the Audio Team
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Sound Design Demo weblink
- Audio questionnaire (complete and submit this additional form)