The Recording Engineer must be an expert at Pro-Tools, Audio Signal Flow, Izotope RX, EQ and Compression, along with the operation and functionality of ISDN and Source Connect Technologies. They must be able to work in a high stress environment and adapt to changing working conditions while maintaining a calm attitude and managing the needs of our diverse clientele. The engineer must be able to troubleshoot the equipment on the fly for both in house equipment and with our connecting studios. They must be personable, organized, detail oriented, and able to work with multiple productions schedules and coordinate appointments using Outlook. The Engineer must have each studio prepared for the days records every morning, which includes templates for records, cables neatly wrapped, stocked food and water, and a clean and organized workspace. They must ensure all equipment is working properly each morning and report any issues to the Director of Audio Production. The engineer also must be able to run the PA for any events when necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Create Templates daily for all shows scheduled to record.
- Clean and set up the studio before each session or daily.
- Coordinates the restocking of snack items and water with Guggenheim and facilities for each session.
- Operates Pro Tools, patch bays, Headphones and Video Systems when necessary.
- Downloads OMF’s and double checks TC accuracy for use with ADR.
- Sets up ISDN box for connection with other studios.
- Sets up Source Connect for sessions when necessary.
- Coordinates test for SC and ISDN with outside vendors prior to record to ensure compatibility.
- Deliver or Back up sessions to servers per productions needs.
- Removes old sessions from computer drives after audio has been archived.
- Tracks hours of studio use for out of house productions.
- Orders new stock items when necessary.
- Sets up and runs PA for any studio events.
- Engineers and edits Auditions.
- Engineers and runs Nick Radio sessions when needed.
- Reports all machine issues to Director of Audio Production.
- Troubleshoots all systems as needed.
- Assist with sound design when needed.
- Assist with EMR and Conforms when needed.
- Communicates with Directors, Producers, Casting Staff, Post Production Teams, Editors, Tape Librarians, and Assistants as needed.
- Provides regular status updates to Director of Audio Production on current projects.
- Offer suggestions for workflow and operational challenges.
- Communicate constructive alternatives to challenging requests from clients.
- AA Degree in electronics or equivalent experience (technical schools).
- Experience in the operations of all atr / vtr machines.
- Experience in the procedures of audio, video and post-production environments.
- Strong Technical trouble shooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Team Player, flexible and collaborative.
- Articulate and dead-line oriented.
- Operating system experience
- Microsoft Windows
- Macintosh OSX
- Ability with software applications:
- Microsoft Excel
- FileMaker Pro
- Final Cut Pro
- Avid Media Composer
- Avid Pro-tools
- Waves Platinum
- Izotope RX
- Soundminer v4.5
- Nick Burbank Animation Studios
APPLY HERE !