iHeartMedia seeks quality radio programming that appeals to the interests and views of our diverse listener base, and we believe in delivering a lineup of on-air personalities that represents the opinions and perspectives of our many audiences. Our company purpose is to connect people through companionship and compelling storytelling, and the main way that we do that is through our personalities – all of whom represent the specific communities they serve. As a company we celebrate and include the opinions and differences that make our world unique, and the common element at all of our local stations is that our personalities are relatable and understand the specific interests and concerns of the people they are connecting with.
Serving 91% of the population monthly means that we reach and serve almost every community in America, and we need that same diverse representation guiding our airwaves. Inclusion is about people working together, creating solutions for our many programming and advertising partners across our multi-media assets.
We are looking for a Production Manager who will create program content and manage the whole production process for both live and recorded radio programs.
- Undertakes key administrative responsibilities as well as assists in planning and producing live and/or pre-recorded radio shows which may include news, music, talk, sports, traffic, and feature productions.
- Generates original ideas, identifies suitable ideas from others, and carries out thorough research.
- Researches information, obtains materials and assists with contacting and scheduling guests.
- Gives direction to presenters, content providers, assistants and other crew members.
- Manages budgets and ensures the efficient use of resources.
- Obtains permissions or licenses for recording or broadcasting on location, and for the use of music, sound effects and audio archive material.
- Monitors listener emails, inquiries and responses related to shows.
- Works in collaboration with presenters, performers or other program contributors, in order to perform quality assurance to meet established production standards, rules and regulations.
- Uses various broadcasting technologies such as soundboards and editing/production software.
- Schedules and monitors the radio stream during live recordings.
- Assists with time-keeping, saving show recordings, archiving show files and post-production editing as directed.
- May work the board for pre-recorded or live shows.
- Ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences; has comprehensive knowledge of subjects relevant to specific radio genres
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills; ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms
- Knowledgeable of the radio market, different station/program styles, audience demographics
- Knows how to use a variety of recording equipment and to operate different radio studios
- Excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy and patience
- Ability to build rapport and draw information from people
- Can coach and develop others
- Has confidence and tenacity to pursue information, overcome obstacles and pitch ideas to senior colleagues
- Stress tolerance: ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, and to react quickly to changes
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, multi task and meet tight deadlines
- Full knowledge of the law, rules and industry regulations around radio production; knows when it is necessary, and how to acquire, relevant clearances and licenses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
- 3+ years’ experience as Radio Producer and/or Assistant
- College degree preferred with an emphasis in Radio or Media Production
- None required
VIRTUAL EST, FL