Stitcher is the world’s largest pure-play podcasting company. We started as beloved comedy podcast network Earwolf; via Midroll, we provide ad sales and distribution services to 300+ shows such as The Bill Simmons Podcast, WTF with Marc Maron and many more; and with Stitcher, we own one of the largest podcast apps and a network of original content with partners including Marvel and LeVar Burton. We’re on a mission to transform podcasting into a major part of the media landscape, and we’re looking for like-minded enthusiasts to help.
We are hiring a Producer to join a label creating original content focused on underserved and underrepresented audiences – think audiences that you know exist but there’s not a ton of content for and audiences that are not as acknowledged by big podcasting companies. If you have a knack for spotting talent, enjoy fully fleshing out complex concepts, and using your creativity to give a project that extra touch, this role is for you! Your main responsibilities will include working closely with the Executive Producer on a slate of shows, developing pilots, creating prep for talent, audio editing, line producing talent during studio sessions and providing editorial feedback during post production for some projects. Our ideal candidate has at least 3-5 years’ experience in creating, producing and editing compelling audio narratives, a passion for innovative audio storytelling, and familiarity with the current podcast landscape.
- Work closely with the content team to develop ideas with talent, tape pilots, launch new shows, and maintain the quality of our current shows
- Produce and develop creative audio promotional material in the distinct voices of hosts across network
- Manage the production of weekly/seasonal shows, developing production calendars, etc.
- Manage the creative process to anticipate problems before they occur, and lead hosts to do their best work using smart, targeted editorial feedback and a skilled, creative ear
- Prep materials for the hosts, lead pre-interviews as needed, and be responsible for helping to grow the show’s audience substantially over time
- Handle meeting all ongoing deadlines and managing fast turnaround as needed
- Book recording sessions, directing hosts in a studio and editing raw interview tape
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to create a supportive and efficient production process
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in content development and/or production preferred for podcast, terrestrial or satellite radio, or similar audio medium
- Experience working across a variety of genres and styles: comedy, in-depth interview, news, documentary, etc.
- Hands on production experience in television, web video or related medium a plus
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience producing smart, funny and information-rich shows
- Experience working collaboratively with creative and editorial talent
- Experience writing short, accurate scripts in the voice of the hosts, while meeting deadlines
- Experience creating and managing social media campaigns across all of the most popular sites, with an emphasis on building community
- Experience producing live events a plus
What you’ll bring:
- Must possess a curiosity and passion for podcasts and ideas for ways to move the medium forward as well as grow the audience
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- A great ear for what makes for an engaging, smart, and entertaining conversation.
- A passion for determining what podcast audiences want to hear from our hosts
- Pro Tools expertise required
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Adept writer who understands a lighter tone
- Critical thinking
- Social media management abilities
- Ability to meet all deadlines while working independently
- Keen attention to detail
- Understanding of emerging, digital-first media models
- Sophisticated talent management abilities