Did you know that 50% of Americans have listened to an audiobook? Have you ever wondered how a print book becomes an audiobook? If you love audiobooks and want to learn more about this growing area of the publishing industry, we may have the perfect position for you!
Penguin Random House Audio, part of the Digital Publishing Group, is seeking a Pre-Production Associate to assist with coordinating and scheduling recording sessions.
- Collaborate with Producers, recording studios, narrators, directors, and authors to ensure timely communication about schedules for audiobook production.
- Communicate narrator/talent and director offers as designated by Executive Producers.
- Develop relationships with recording studios and agents as dictated by recording location and preference.
- Create and disseminate recording schedules to narrator/talent, agents, freelancers, and recording studios.
- Adjust and amend recording schedules as unexpected changes arise within the scheduling deadlines, and communicate changes to post production, and other departments as needed.
- Track and distribute recording manuscripts.
- Provides administrative support to department as needed, including managing documents and files, editing pdfs, preparing materials, and delivering scripts.
- Minimum of one year of office experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in audiobook production a plus
- Prior experience in and/or strong interest in publishing is a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are entitled to our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.