PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
Who Are We?
The PUBG Video Creative Team is responsible for developing and creating videos that promote, market and support our game while satisfying, teaching and helping our fans. We have the unique privilege of making content that promote one of the most heightened experiences in the battle royale arena. We love creating cinematic moments out of thrilling in-game combat encounters and showing the fans what we know to be the most intense battle royale experience in gaming.
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking a Sound Designer to work on-site at our facilities in Santa Monica, CA. The ideal candidate must have a creative mind, a cinematic ear and a passion for PUBG. We expect every video we make to have a cinematic feel. It is imperative that the sound designer know how to enhance and design soundscapes that immerse the viewer into the world of PUBG. We expect our Sound Designer to be able to flex into surrounding post-production areas like editing and motion graphics when needed, so video editing and motion graphics skills are a welcome plus. This is a full-time position.
What You Will Do
You will work with the Central Creative Team to perform and complete the following tasks for various media assets, including, but not limited to:
- Working with Video Editors to enhance trailers, strategic content, and social videos with excellent sound design.
- Establishing, building and organizing our sound effects library so that sound effects are readily available to Video Editors within the Central Creative Department.
- Completing mixes for all of our video content.
- Eventually running in-house VO recording sessions for videos. We are currently in the process of setting this up. The ideal candidate would lead the charge to make sure this happens.
- Being able to work with music stems to re-edit, enhance and modify music for our trailers and videos.
- Contributing to brainstorming and writing sessions to help develop our content.
- Assisting Video Editors in assembly edits and lite After Effects (Motion Graphics) work on an as-needed basis would be a huge plus!
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
Working with the Central Creative team, the Sound Designer will be instrumental in finishing our various video assets. The Sound Designer will need to enhance the sound edit, create an immersive design, and mix the complete sound output for each of our videos.
Knowledge of the game is a big plus for us since everything we do centers around it.
The ideal candidate possesses great attention to detail and direction, has a keen ear for sound, and possesses a well-rounded knowledge of post-production work-flow.
The applicant must also possess a very strong work ethic, possess outstanding multi-tasking skills, and consistently perform in a fast-paced and demanding creative environment.
- 5+ Years of Experience sound designing film/tv/ads/trailers.
- Expert knowledge of Pro Tools, Adobe Audition or similar sound design/mixing program.
- Experience with current audio editing software, such as REAPER, Pro Tools, Logic, Live, Audition, Sound Forge, Waves and other plug-ins.
- Experience with audio hardware, such as recording interfaces, microphones and outboard processing.
- Experience playing/mastering PUBG for PC.
- On-location sound mixing and recording skills are a plus.
- Strong PC general computing skills, basic networking and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Excellent multi-tasking and self-management skills, and also able to take direction and constructive feedback.
- Advanced knowledge of video and sound formats.
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and deadline driven.
- Must be able to contribute to brainstorm sessions with other creatives.
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to compose outlines and/or treatments for trailers during pre-production.
- Gaming experience and proficiency with PUBG is a must.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when necessary.
- Self–starter and fast learner who is ready to hit the ground running.
- Familiarity with multi-channel / surround sound / 3D spatial audio mixing is a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects. Light Editing and/or Motion Graphics work might be requested from time to time.
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Tasty catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free parking in Santa Monica!
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and happy hours throughout the year
Your resume and reel showcasing excellent sound design skills and a strong sense of aesthetics are both required. Also, don’t forget to include references and anything else you’d like to provide us to help us understand why you’re the best candidate for this position.
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.