The Podcast Producer is responsible for creating and executing original podcast productions according to SiriusXM’s podcast strategy. Answering to the Senior Director, Podcast Production and Operations, the Podcast Producer is accountable for all aspects of individual projects to which they are assigned including (but not limited to) production and creative, packaging, delivery and operations of podcast format content across all SiriusXM Programming verticals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce, edit and publish podcast content to Pandora, 3rd party platforms as well as the SXM App.
- Collaborate with relevant programming counterparts to develop podcast formats of existing content as well as new content, lending additional production assistance, as needed.
- Participate in creative and production discussions around new podcast formats with internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as primary point person for all podcast needs within assigned content verticals.
- Gather and package all relevant audio, metadata and creative assets for delivery in SXM Publish platform.
- Lend assistance to additional podcast team needs as strategy evolves including:
- Operations, Partner Management, Development, Curation and Product Testing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 2+ year(s) of experience with audio production and operations.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Audio production and editing skills.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong influence and interpersonal skills; ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Organized and attentive to detail.
- Shows initiative, follow through and effectively own projects from start to finish.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for podcasts and/or talk radio is a must.
- Knowledge of entertainment landscape.
- Demonstrates positive attitude, adaptability to shifting goals, and growth mindset.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Proficiency in audio editing and mixing software (Experience working in Adobe Audition, a plus).
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience with audio repair, sound design and mixing, a plus.