BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Audio Producer who can contribute to all aspects of production for a new daily podcast. Ideal candidates are passionate about a wide range of news, not just the top headlines but pop culture, celebrity, and everything else that’s happening on the internet. Candidates should be comfortable operating under tight deadlines in a collaborative environment and have a good sense of humor. This is a project-based role.
- Pitching stories to cover in daily editorial meetings
- Booking and wrangling guests
- Working with hosts to script each segment of the show
- Tracking down soundbites and clips
- Working with audio engineer and post-production supervisor to make edits
- Help guide episode recordings and coach hosts
- Collaborate with team on creative development of the show format
- At least 2-3 years experience working in podcasts, ideally a daily podcast
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Strong editorial judgement and command of current events, including politics, culture, entertainment, and social media
- Ability to multitask and work creatively in a high-pressure environment
- Some audio editing experience a plus, not a requirement
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.