BLACK LOVE, INC. is seeking a Podcast Producer for immediate hire. In this role, you will produce multiple shows for Black Love, Inc.’s growing podcast network. You should have a strong background in audio production and digital media. You will be hands-on during all stages of production such as creating rundowns, leading production meetings, ideating segments, producing talent, post production, writing show copy and social media promotion. The ideal candidate is an avid podcast or radio listener with a passion for Black media & culture.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Setup and operate podcast studio and remote environment (via Zoom or otherwise during COVID-19)
- Field produce remote podcast sessions
- Ideate discussion topics and create show rundowns
- Conduct detailed pre-show and guest research for talent
- Pre-produce elements to be played back during taping sessions
- Publish completed episodes using podcast distribution CMS
- Collaborate with talent and podcast team on new episodes and show ideas
- Manage weekly podcast recording schedule in timely manner
- Ideate promotional copy for social media promotion
- Ongoing pitch and execution of new content ideas
- Ideally 3-5 years of experience in podcasting, audio streaming and/or radio.
- Ability to produce at least 3-5 podcast episodes weekly.
- Skilled in every aspect of audio post-production including mixing and sound design.
- Expert knowledge of Black media & culture.
- Willing to work outside of standard work hours when necessary.
- Experience working with celebrities in professional setting.
- Familiar with video production workflows.
- Demonstrated understanding of BLACK LOVE, INC.’s content and voice
- On-air experience and strong copywriting capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a lively teamwork environment.