About BLACK LOVE, INC.
BLACK LOVE, Inc. is the premier media company for celebrating 360 degrees of Black Love. Across television, digital, social, media and experiential, we speak authentically to the Black Community. Our mission is to inspire healthy conversations on relatable topics at every stage of live. With over 20M+ monthly combined social media & digital impressions, highly-engaging live actions, and a growing portfolio of original content, we are uniquely positioned to amplify the meaning of Black Love for today’s millennial audience.
The roots of Black Love, Inc. began with the eponymous docuseries BLACK LOVE, which launched on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network as the network’s most-viewed unscripted series debut of all time.
We are located in West Los Angeles. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE.
BLACK LOVE, INC. is seeking a Podcast Producer for immediate hire. In this role, you will produce multiple shows for Black Love, Inc.’s growing podcast network. You should have a strong background in audio production and digital media. You will be hands-on during all stages of production such as creating rundowns, leading production meetings, ideating segments, producing talent, post production, writing show copy and social media promotion. The ideal candidate is an avid podcast, audio streaming and/or radio listener with a passion for Black media & culture.
- Setup and operate podcast studio and remote environment (via Zoom or similar during COVID-19)
- Field produce remote podcast sessions
- Ideate discussion topics and create show rundowns
- Conduct detailed pre-show and guest research for talent
- Pre-produce elements to be played back during taping sessions
- Publish completed episodes using podcast distribution CMS
- Collaborate with talent and podcast team on new episodes and show ideas
- Manage weekly podcast recording schedule in timely manner
- Ideate promotional copy for social media promotion
- Ongoing pitch and execution of new content ideas
- Ideally 3-5 years of experience in podcasting, audio streaming and/or radio.
- Ability to produce at least 3-5 podcast episodes weekly.
- Skilled in every aspect of audio post-production including mixing and sound design.
- Expert knowledge of Black media & culture.
- Willing to work outside of standard work hours when necessary.
- Experience working with celebrities in professional setting.
- Familiar with video production workflows.
- Demonstrated understanding of BLACK LOVE, INC.’s content and voice.
- On-air experience and strong copywriting capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a lively teamwork environment.
Success at BLACK LOVE, INC. requires that…
- You are naturally invested in the mental wellness and health of the African-American community.
- You are naturally curious about relationships.
- You are extremely organized.
- You solve problems.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- You naturally go the extra mile.
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You know there’s more than one way to reach a goal and work hard to find the solution that works best for the company and team.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are an insatiable learner.