Spotify Studios is looking for a senior development executive to oversee our exclusive content strategy for the Music category.
In this role, you’ll oversee Spotify’s Music & Music Talk content portfolio and a dedicated creative team. You will source, develop and produce premium audio and video series that engage existing and growth audiences, with an eye toward bolstering Spotify’s presence and voice in the category.
The right candidate has extensive experience across development, production and talent relations, and crucially will bring a clear point of view to translating that experience into impactful audio and video formats. This is a unique opportunity to leverage Spotify’s standing in the music industry with our investment in new audio and video platforms.
This role is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Head of Creative Development, Spotify Studios.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee Music podcast and video development for Spotify Studios
- Manage budget toward impact on clear KPIs as the executive ultimately accountable for the success of the category
- Collaborate with genre leads (Reality, Sports, Comedy, etc.) at Spotify to surface IP and develop formats
- Evaluate future extensions of the portfolio from film & TV, live and international formats
- Work cross-functionally to maintain Spotify’s position in the Music space, to include brand, social channels and content offering
- Support Head of Creative Development in managing the development slate; partner with other Creative Leads to keep cross-functional documents updated; provide regular Status Reports for all divisions, including production and Leads
- Build and maintain Spotify’s external relationships across all facets of the Music community
- Lead the team accountable for execution of that strategy, consisting of both direct reports and dedicated resources from stakeholder teams
- Partner with our in-house Music editorial team to support programming around specific artists
- Shop fully realized IP to television networks while leveraging existing and new relationships with talent and premium networks
Who You Are
- Deep experience in Music format development working at a studio, network or production company; a passion for storytelling in the audio space; and knowledge of the podcast space
- Established relationships with agencies, management companies, writers and music executives
- Highly passionate individual, who’s resourceful and actively seek out unique IP opportunities, develop and execute material at the highest level within budget
- Strong communication skills and ability to analyze problems and identify logical solutions
- Experience working with music industry talent, managing budgets and production during development
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.