Exciting and innovative music tech startup looking for an individual with a passion for music to join our content team! We’re at the start of a revolution in how people will use music to communicate. Look at the unicorns that have been built on simple concepts like photo and video filters. Now imagine what would happen if those same minds were truly set free to innovate with music. What would that look like? Do you want to help make it happen? Come join us!
We have long-term relationships and the support of the music industry, from labels to publishers to managers and artists. We have issued patents around the process of inserting music into messaging and matching audio and video dynamically. We have an incredibly deep well of strategic investors, from the founders of Soundscan (Sold to Nielsen) and Hearmusic (Sold to Starbucks) to institutions like iHeart and Digital Garage to influencers and industry visionaries. We have a highly experienced team from Zynga, BandsinTown, Nickelodeon, Universal Music, Sony Music, LimeLife and more.
Your role as a member of the content team will include:
– Identifying and building out a library specific to popular songs and clipping the most relevant parts of the song by expression.
– Using our proprietary tagging system to expand songclips metadata by tagging them by relevant emotions, holidays, and entertainment.
– Collaborating, managing, and expanding our music content to fit our API partners needs/wants.
– Combining songclips with visuals when needed for specific partners.
– Using data to improve our content and curation.
– Ingesting, tagging, and tracking new music from our label representatives.
– Developing new ideas and tags for growth of songclip meta-information.
– Passionate and deep knowledgeable understanding of music.
– Prior experience with music / audio editing
– Innovative mindset and ability to adapt and improvise.
– Self motivated and dependable. Always look for ways to improve yourself, our operations and our environment.
– Proficiency with technology and modern suite of data and presentation tools: Google Drive/Docs, Keynote, etc.
– Exceptional organizational, time management and communication skills.
– Be empathetic. Be positive. Be patient. Be calm under pressure. Be direct.
– Ability to navigate and thrive in ambiguity – this is a startup, after all.
– Bonus points if you are familiar with Latin music and bilingual in Spanish (including reading and writing)
If this sounds like you then come help us pioneer this space!
Salary commensurate with experience and market.