Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the lead engineer, the incumbent processes the archival transfer of rare and unique video resources and is responsible for routine digitization of materials requested for study and teaching by faculty and students. The incumbent will be required to meet project deadlines for all work. This is a part-time, 21 hour per week, position. Schedule is flexible between the hours of 9-5.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs archival transfer of rare and unique video resources.
- Performs routine digitization of materials requested for study and teaching by faculty and students.
- Collects detailed and accurate metadata.
- Trouble-shooting and performs basic maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Contributes to quality control of the products of the unit.
- Provides feedback on work processes and equipment functioning.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Familiarity with analog and digital video equipment including digital video workstations, signal processing software and hardware and analog reproducers for tape and disc based resources.
- Video editing experience with NLE (non-linear editing) software required.
- Video capture and digitization experience required.
- Computer based color correction experience preferred.
- BA preferred.
- The incumbent must have the ability to perform detailed work meticulously; to work productively with minimal supervision; to schedule and prioritize work so as to meet stated deadlines; and to work collegially and communicatively with a small and dedicated work group.
- The work associated with this position is performed in a video transfer studio.