Company Summary: Secretly Group is a leading independently-owned music company. Its major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, and Secretly Canadian, and music publisher Secretly Publishing. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, Secretly Group also maintains offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, Austin, and Chicago. Founded in 1996, its roster counts Grammy-winner Bon Iver, Mitski, Angel Olsen, Moses Sumney, Whitney, Jamila Woods, Sharon Van Etten, The War On Drugs, Phoebe Bridgers, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, serpentwithfeet, Slowdive, Khruangbin, and ANOHNI, among others.
Position Summary: Secretly Publishing is seeking an individual for a full-time junior A&R position working out of the label group’s Los Angeles office. Primary duties include scouting and signing artists to the company at all levels of the developmental spectrum, and developing strong relationships with writers, artists, producers, managers, and lawyers.
Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- At least 2 years experience working in the industry (publisher, record label, management company, etc.) with proven success in that role.
- Experience working with artists (songwriters, producers, performers etc) in a creative space.
- A track record for discovering and nurturing new writers and artists, as well as a vision for how to maintain successful careers for them.
- Knowledge and passion of the musical landscape/marketplace, spanning across multiple genres.
- Extensive network within all levels of developing music, including songwriters, managers, labels, lawyers, and producers is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and networking skills, with an ability to prioritize.
- Familiarity with publishing and label group roster.
- High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, project management, and teamwork skills.
- Health, Vision, Dental, and Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
Contact: To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send resumes directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin. They encourage and welcome everyone to apply.