The Media Operations Department at Disney Streaming Services consists of agile and responsive teams of technicians that perform the daily processes and procedures of our live and on-demand streaming video products. The department’s responsibilities consist of round-the-clock support for these products, ensuring proper functionality across all platforms.
Content Insertion Operations is responsible for coordinating commercial breaks and quality control of live broadcast streaming content. The Content Insertion department works closely with other DSS multimedia departments to successfully deliver live streaming and video on demand of sporting and other events to the public.
The Content Insertion Assistant position is an integral part of the Disney Streaming Services team. They are live-event operators and are directly responsible for what the customer will experience. They are responsible for coordinating commercial breaks and reporting all audio/visual issues during the broadcast. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and take the quality of their work very seriously, as they will be contributing to a highly visible, high profile product. Weekend, late-night, and holiday availability is a requirement of this position.
- Monitoring the event feed and reporting audio/video issues to a supervisor
- Slating/Commercial Insertion during live events
- Coordinating commercial breaks with on-site production Ads
- Cutting and publishing event markers to the stream
- Typically has 0-1-year related experience
- Demonstrates proficiency in some technical concepts and related processes, with specialization in others
- Flexibility to work various shifts when needed including weekends and late nights and some holidays
- Motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and communicate
- Strong attention to detail, ability to quickly follow instructions
- Capability of identifying various audio and video issues.
- Ability to maintain focus in a fast-paced, bustling environment
- Knowledge of sports (Especially major sports)
- Familiarity with some video editing software
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of Mac OS, Outlook, Word, Excel and some form of video editing software
- Experience in live video/streaming production environment a plus