Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with over 167 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Our Employee Technology team has the mission of optimizing the productivity of Netflix employees by supporting their technology needs, whether that’s fixing a computer/network, troubleshooting a conference room’s camera, or supporting a live event. As we grow, so does the number of high-profile events we host and meeting spaces we support, so we’re looking for a versatile and experienced AV Engineer to join our Los Gatos team.
For live events, you’ll manage setup, support, and teardown of AV equipment and other technology, as well as coordinating with external vendors as needed. This position requires flexible hours as events may take place after normal business hours or on the weekend.
In addition, the AV team supports the design and build of meeting spaces and high-profile events. We rely on Google Meet with Chromebox for Meetings (CFM) hardware for the virtual meeting experience and build solutions to optimize the experience. The team is highly encouraged to leverage R&D to enhance the user experience, while maintaining efficient designs. You’ll be empowered to look for ways to optimize the conference room experience for users and partner teams.
- Provide pre-production through post production AV support for live events hosted by Netflix, both internal and external facing.
- Partner with events, facilities, networking, IT and AV engineering teams to provide guidance and technical expertise during event planning stages as needed
- Assist in the design, build, and management of conference rooms, training spaces, specialty spaces, and screening rooms.
- Research and develop the best video conference experience from the ground up with consideration for scalability and rapid deployment.
- Provide Tier 2/Tier 3 troubleshooting support when equipment issues are escalated.
- Work closely with the support team to determine trends and iterate on designs to improve stability.
- Foster the partnership with Google to troubleshoot CFM issues and add features to improve the user experience.
- Assist in the development of processes and standards for conference room designs and support across several different environments.
- Clearly communicate and document processes to team, vendors, and partners.
- Quality control of inventory and asset management
- 3 + years experience operating and supporting live events (corporate, hospitality, or other major event venues).
- 3 + years experience configuring and troubleshooting audio and video equipment for live events or in a corporate environment
- 3 + years experience partnering with external AV vendors for live events.
- Experience with live streaming technologies for YouTube, Facebook Live and other online distribution methods
- Experience with AV integration on the integrator and/or corporate side, with a focus on physical installation
- Experience with video conferencing systems and cloud bridging services such as Chromebox For Meetings, Vidyo and BlueJeans -Working knowledge of H.323, SIP and VOIP protocols
- Background in corporate conference room technology.
- Experience with designing around Chromebox for Meetings, a plus.
- Understanding of networking technology, video transmission over network and audio/video signal flow.
- Experience working with Crestron equipment, audio DSP’s and Dante/AES microphone systems.
- Demonstrated project management experience with large projects, organizational skills and an ability to maintain and create standards.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter who can initiate ideas and take ownership of work.
- Experience working with and managing various vendors, suppliers and integrators.
- Able to prioritize tasks and projects, forecast upcoming project needs.
- Open to international and domestic travel.
- Organized and familiar with inventory management protocols
- Experience with the GSuite tools, particularly Google Meet Video Conferencing support and builds
APPLY HERE: https://jobs.netflix.com/jobs/871532