Who We Are
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 4200+ cities with a fleet of more than 500,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
What We Do
Postmates relies heavily on our engineering team to realize this vision. Building a software platform that is reliable, scales, and stays agile under demanding product needs is a serious technical challenge. Postmates is a three-part balancing act connecting customers, merchants, and couriers in real-time. If any piece is out of whack, the whole system suffers. Working with the Postmates engineering team offers an opportunity with explosive growth, cutting-edge technology, a highly visible charter, and a cool user-focused product vision.
- Be the directly responsible individual (DRI) for company conference rooms, collaborative space technology, and support for any audio/visual (AV) events at Postmates
- Support Postmates employees by troubleshooting and restoring service to communication systems
- Improve support processes for events and AV service disruptions
- Hardware and software purchasing
- Be the DRI for AV vendors, integrators, contractors, or third parties involved in deploying, repairing, or supporting AV systems at Postmates
- Coordinate team efforts to ensure optimal uptime for Postmates AV hardware and software
- Maintain and update AV asset management records
- Assist with architecting, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the AV systems for all current or upcoming Postmates locations, as well as any office relocations, build-outs, or upgrades
- Minimum of 5 years experience, supporting conference rooms and collaborative technology
- Experience supporting company all-hands, board meetings, and earnings calls for on-prem and/or remote attendees
- Experience supporting executive meetings
- Experience supporting AV-intensive extra-curricular events
- Experience using ticket based workflow management systems such as Remedy, Freshservice, and Jira.
- Experience with macOS, Windows 10, and Crestron operating systems
- Experience supporting office build outs and upgrades for AV systems including platforms like Google Meet, Zoom, and WebEx (among others)
- Experience with collaborative productivity tools such as G-Suite (Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Gmail, Google Drive), and Apple applications like Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- Experience deploying and supporting digital signage platforms and room schedulers
- Ability to help employees solve hardware and software problems
- Experience troubleshooting AV and network issues in large offices, including multi-mic leveling and camera management
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Service oriented attitude, self starter
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors
- Experience negotiating contract and support agreements
- Willingness to travel to other Postmates offices in the US
YOUR BENEFITS Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with:
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan..
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified out-of-pocket health care costs.
- Flexible time off policy under which Postmates will not limit paid time off for vacations or to handle personal affairs. (Salaried US Employees)
- 7 days paid sick leave (Hourly US Employees; amount of paid sick leave depends on state).
- 3 days paid time to volunteer through CivicLabs and positively impact the communities we serve.
- Generous parental leave including flexible transition plans, Postmates meal credit, and subsidized access to the Milk Store, Urban Sitter, and Concern.
- Free and confidential counseling resources through an Employee Assistance Program.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits for parking or transit fees.
- A free subscription to Postmates Unlimited.
- Catered lunches, open snack bar, and subsidized Postmates Pickup meals.