This person will report to our Head of Studio Technology, working in concert to design regular maintenance schedules, system update plans, and feature ads, as well as handling day to day on-site and remote support. They will act as point person in relationships with various vendor-support teams with regard to physical network infrastructure, shared-storage systems, building service providers, systems integrators, and additional support technicians. They will also manage file distribution across business sites, field recording and remote source capture systems and best practices, and production file organization and archive workflows.
You should be well versed in building system documentation, carefully managing facility downtime around complex schedules, coordinating projects with several teams (IT, AV, Facilities, etc), and balancing reliability, flexibility, and redundancy against business requirements and operating budgets.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all technical systems holistically – firmware upgrades, hardware replacement, equipment lifecycles, new technology implementation, etc.
- Build and maintain facility wide systems documentation including inventories, wiring and topology diagrams, and narrative system overviews
- Implement more advanced remote source capture and field reporting technologies
- Work to further integrate all systems into a cohesive user experience
- Coordinate with Studio Facilities teams at Spotify to integrate communication across sites, campuses, and international locations
- Provide day-to-day support across 6 recording studios and growing, with long term path of overseeing 20+
Who You Are
- Experience working in technical facilities support / management
- Specific experience in broadcast, audio recording, or post production facilities
- Solid foundational knowledge in traditional analog recording studio environments
- A passion for quality in systems design and integration
- Knowledge of current standards and codecs in IP audio transmission
- Excellent troubleshooting, organization, and documentation skills
- Dante Level 3, Q-Sys Primary Curriculum certifications
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of audio-over-IP workflows, logical network segmentation, multicast routing, and QoS
- Ability to work under pressure and set deadlines
- Self-driven, excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, good judgment and professionalism when interfacing with internal and external vendors/partners.
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Music and Podcast lover!