Lodestone is a trusted partner and acts as a digital steward for products used by half the world’s population on a daily basis – we’re honored to be tasked with this immense responsibility. We are looking for an exceptional Audio QA Test Engineer with a passion for sound testing to help drive high quality releases for some of the world’s most loved and widely used social media products. You will be part of a small, high performance team and will have the opportunity to excel and grow your career delivering great quality product at a fast pace. You will collaborate with Product, Engineering, and QA teams to drive testability and ensure quality of the releases.
This role is for senior testers in Menlo Park, CA.
- Support Sound Design and partner teams in the evaluation and validation of complex audio systems in mobile, desktop, and first party hardware environments.
- Collaborate with design on new audio feature evaluation and associated test plan development
- Investigate, triage, escalate, and follow up on issues reported
- Assist in evaluating test coverage and plan improvements, including performing plan stress-testing prior to deployment
- Assist with team test asset management and unblocking critical permissions
- Establish and maintain sound testing technical best practices
- 3+ years of experience in audio implementation, testing, or technical design
- History supporting the needs of complex audio systems and production pipelines
- Strong understanding of audio signal flow, DSP and audio synthesis, and digital audio concepts and formats
- Proficiency in sound design methods and best practices
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Product experience with audio hardware and/or software
- Experience with sound tools and/or Implementation of AR/VR audio design across first party and third party engines (Unity, WWise, Spark AR, or Audio middleware)
- Familiarity with Android layer scripts and source code control systems