The Audio Engineer (Supervisor) is responsible to prepare, configurate, maintain and operate all audio and communications equipment of the new local Eurosport Germany production facilities in the greater Munich area. The position requires a detailed understanding in configurating and operating audio mixers, communication systems, studio equipment and some years of experience in the field of (remote and traditional) live production of sports events.
This position is based on a Monday-Sunday working pattern, 40h a week and includes 7 day per week on-call status to respond to broadcast emergencies.
All applications must be submitted with a cover letter.
- Operate the network control system-based preparation and configuration of all video and digital media equipment in the production facilities (SCRs, Audiomix, Studio-/post-production).
- Liaise closely with Eurosport Germany production, the local resource booking and the relevant central Eurosport broadcast engineering and operation departments.
- Work as an Audio Engineer in the sound control room’s for remote, studio and voice over live and non-live sports productions.
- Fault find and coordination of the maintenance of all audio broadcast and IP equipment in the local production facilities.
- Supervise Audio Engineers and Technicians.
- BSc/BA degree (Broadcast Engineering or Media Technology) or comparable professional qualification paired with working experience in the area broadcast production, operations and play out of live sports events.
- Experience and understanding of cloud broadcasting, remote and traditional production and the associated processes for producing live sports events.
- Up to date knowledge regarding UHD and HD Video-/Audio Broadcast formats and the principles of its transmission and file encoding formats including file transfer mechanisms.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current baseband and IP broadcast audio equipment such as audio mixers (Lawo), wireless studio microphones and in-ears, radios, communication systems (Riedel), audio servers, sound effect systems and audio editing (Pro Tools).
- Familiar with relevant software such as: network control systems (ATOS BNCS, data miner) and scheduling software (XYtech media pulse).
- Network and IP infrastructure knowledge including a good understanding of the latest IP standards (AES67 and Dante).
- Used to working under pressure in a fast-paced live TV production environment.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, ability to communicate clearly and to effectively prioritise and execute tasks to meet timelines.
- Excellent English and German communication in spoken and written.