The Outline and Inverse are looking for an Audio Engineer to work on relaunching The Outline’s World Dispatch and launching Inverse’s new podcast Inverse Abstract. The podcasts will focus on internet culture and the coolest, most curious aspects of science, respectively.
As engineer, you’ll be responsible for helping to set up and manage our recording space, crafting great sounding audio (whether recorded in studio or the field), editing, mixing, mastering, and uploading the episodes for distribution. If you’re an experienced audio engineer who loves science or internet culture, we’d love to meet you!
This is a part-time position, based in New York.
- Help with recording studio setup and remote recording workflow
- Engineer multiple segments of World Dispatch and Inverse Abstract each week
- Edit, mix, and master episodes until they sound *chefs kiss*
- Upload episodes for distribution
- Assist producers with finding and recording tape from interviews and other relevant sources
- 3+ years of audio engineering work experience
- Prior experience working with interview style shows: comfortable editing 2+ person conversations, music, audio clips etc. into a cohesive episode
- Very organized
- Live in Logic
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced newsroom
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, Input and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.
APPLY HERE: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1693393650