Amazon Game Studios is seeking an Audio Designer to join our team in sunny Irvine, CA. This position will work with the Creative Director to build the soundscape and musical structure of The Lord of the Rings.
Whether it’s the cheerful melody of a Walking Song or the screams of the Nazgûl, sound and music play an outsize role in Tolkien’s books. We need an inventive audio designer who can bring their own interpretation to the work, and who can experiment with us as we explore new uses for song.
Who you’ll be:
· An early member of our Audio team, reporting to the Creative Director
· The curator of music, voice and audio entering the game
What you’ll do:
· Work with the Creator Director to apply sound and song to the game design
· Work with third party composers to create memorable musical themes
· Sound design each hero, creature and setting of the world to create a consistent audio landscape
· Build and manage a library of audio assets
· Collaborate with an audio techartist to customize your tools
· From time-to-time, use your audio super powers to support marketing and production efforts
· Set the standard with your individual skill, then as the project advances guide others to create high quality work.
· 5+ years of experience in the games industry as a sound designer, or equivalent work in a related field
· 2+ shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work e.g. live product development
· Bachelor’s Degree in Music or a related field, or equivalent work experience
· Online Portfolio demonstrating your skills
· A passion for video games
· Experience with game development tools, for example Wwise or equivalent.
· Proficiency with audio software, such as Reaper, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Vegas, etc.
· Experience iterating on audio for a variety of game platforms
· Experience directing voice talent and third party musicians
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.