Responsible for assisting with production of daily talk shows and assisting with newsroom duties. Must be able to quickly respond to needs within a live studio environment, whether it is running the sound board or screening phone calls. Additional duties include pulling/editing audio clips, posting clips to social media, assisting with post-production, and helping with pre-records. Incumbents of this position may be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assists Talent and Producer in studio during live broadcasts.
- May screen phone calls for quickly moving daily talk show.
- Implements daily tasks assigned from the Producer and Talent to meet broadcast deadlines.
- Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
- Works with Producers and Talent on following programming clocks to ensure that all content are featured as planned.
- Pulls audio clips from interviews and other recorded audio and posts clips to social media as assigned.
- Assists Producer with setting up pre-taped interviews and pre-show editing.
- Works with Producers to create / edit “Best of…” programs from archives of past shows for weekend or special re-broadcasting needs.
- May provide hosts with news updates and breaking stories, on occasion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in politics/news preferred.
- At least one year experience running an audio board and screening phone calls.
- One year major market or national platform production, producing, news or programming experience required.
- Knowledge of broadcast systems and experience with daily show production.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment; ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Familiarity with politics and strong journalism skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Previous use of audio editing software.
- Operating studio sound equipment.
- Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and various social media networking sites.