Applications open on November 26, 2018 for the Spring 2019 (February – May) and Summer 2019 (June – August) semesters. Deadline: December 21, 2018.
This internship is open to women (transgender or cisgender; non-binary and gender non-conforming individuals are welcome).
Women’s Audio Mission (WAM) selects interns three times per year, in the spring, summer, and fall. Through a competitive application process including a pool of applicants from all over the world, WAM selects 5-10 interns each term.
Please indicate on your application whether you are applying for the Spring 2019 or Summer 2019 semester.
Complete WAM’s online application, which includes a resume detailing professional experience. A portfolio is not required. Deadline: December 21, 2018.
Should you be considered a potential fit for the Studio Internship Program, WAM will contact you to set up an interview. The interview will be conducted on site if the applicant is located in the Bay Area or via Skype, if the applicant is non-local.
- Independently work on individual project developed at the start of the internship.
- Assist WAM instructors with Girls on the Mic classes.
- Assist WAM instructors with all adult classes, workshops, events, and member meetings (setup and teardown, as well as assisting the instructor for the duration of the event).
- Assist on recording sessions at the WAM studio.
- Assist with non-profit administrative tasks.
- This internship is a volunteer (unpaid) position. WAM is able to provide a small honorarium upon satisfactory completion of the internship.
- Current WAM membership (click here for information on how to join).
- Commitment of two days a week Monday – Friday from 10 am – 5 pm, as well as some evenings and weekends when classes, sessions, and events are scheduled.
- Commitment to the mission of WAM.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience and/or willingness to work with youth.
- Facility in operating a standard computer (Mac or PC); navigating several flights of stairs; standing for over an hour; reaching; bending; lifting over 30 lbs; and using a soldering iron and electrical test equipment.
- May require use of personal telephone.
- Proof of negative TB test results from within the past year.
- Completion of a live scan background check.
Preferred Skills and Experience (please highlight in application):
- Fluent in Pro Tools HD
- Experience with audio equipment
- Soldering skills
- Experience teaching or working with youth
- One year minimum of audio education
If you would like to apply for an internship, please submit your online application before December 21, 2018. Should you have any questions about the application or Studio Internship Program, you may contact Jayme Brown, Intern Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note, applications will not be considered if they do not include a resume.