Applications closed for the Spring 2019 (February – May) semester. Summer semester application will reopen March 1st!
This internship is open to women (transgender or cisgender; non-binary and gender non-conforming individuals are welcome).
Women’s Audio Mission (WAM) selects interns three times per year, in the spring, summer, and fall. Through a competitive application process including a pool of applicants from all over the world, WAM selects 5-10 interns each term.
Complete WAM’s online application, which includes a resume detailing professional experience. A portfolio is not required. If you are interested, please apply ASAP, as our Spring semester has begun.
Should you be considered a potential fit for the Studio Internship Program, WAM will contact you to set up an interview.
- Independently work on individual project developed at the start of the internship.
- Assist WAM instructors with Girls on the Mic classes.
- Assist WAM instructors with all adult classes, workshops, events, and member meetings (setup and teardown, as well as assisting the instructor for the duration of the event).
- Assist on recording sessions at the WAM studio.
- Assist with non-profit administrative tasks.
- This internship is a volunteer (unpaid) position. WAM is able to provide a small honorarium upon satisfactory completion of the internship.
- Current WAM membership (click here for information on how to join).
- Commitment of two days a week Monday – Friday from 10 am – 5:30 pm, as well as some evenings and weekends when classes, sessions, and events are scheduled.
- Commitment to the mission of WAM.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience and/or willingness to work with youth.
- Facility in operating a standard computer (Mac or PC); navigating several flights of stairs; standing for over an hour; reaching; bending; lifting over 30 lbs; and using a soldering iron and electrical test equipment.
- May require use of personal telephone.
- Proof of negative TB test results from within the past year.
- Completion of a live scan background check. (Not to be completed in advance.)
Preferred Skills and Experience (please highlight in application):
- Fluent in Pro Tools HD
- Experience with audio equipment
- Soldering skills
- Experience teaching or working with youth
- One year minimum of audio education
Should you have any questions about the application or Studio Internship Program, you may contact Jayme Brown, Intern Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note, applications will not be considered if they do not include a resume.